Crafts + Organization = Happy Stampers!

Posted by naharazizi on Monday, October 24, 2011



Crafting is so much fun and meant to be something that de-emphasizes your life. But if you are unorganized crafts, scrapbooking and rubber stamping can be stressful, but fun hobby efforts are meant to be. Organization makes all the difference!

Rubber stamps are the backbone of card making and scrapbooking. But, you know what brand you have, and how to find them quickly and easily.

There are three basic systems for the mark of an organization:

1 alphabetically
Second number of system
Third Category

there is no one-size-fits-all organizational systems. You must have a system that works for you. So let's look at each system.

1 Alphabetical: This is a great system as it is quick and easy to find things. In addition, we are looking for other things in alphabetical order. The main drawback of this system is that you really know the names of your stamp sets. If you are good with names, it is a system for you!

2 Number System: In this system, you can simply put the number on your stamp sets and keep a list, something like a library system where each book has a number. You can easily code, places to buy them or make more specific systems where nature sets to start with 1, congratulations sets starting with 2, etc. This is a great system for a very organized people out there. God bless you all!

3 Category: For this system, organized by brand categories are listed under the Idea Book & Catalog. Consequently, all stamps to go home in one place, Occasions brands go in the second, etc. This is a system I use, and it really helps me. In addition to keeping my brand straight, it helps me concentrate in the catalog. Since I use my full catalog, not only to help people order, but also for its design inspiration, I feel that I would kill two birds with one stone.

Regardless of the brand organization system you choose, get one going. When you find what you're looking for, making hand stamped projects is much more fun. Stamping is meant to be a time of creativity and enjoyment, not frustration. So, organize stamps and you will be stamping without the stress!

I have given you ways to organize rubber stamps, but do not stop there! You can arrange decorations, ribbons, and much more. I even helped organize, the more you create the more fun you have in the creative process.

There are spools, and then there are the notes ...

You can arrange the tapes in order to make shelves for easy access. But there are those little notes. You know, the pieces you cut for the project, and then not used. I like to store my notes and pieces of ribbon, "pitcher". I call it a jar, but is actually a vase, because I do not want to open the lid when I'm looking for / grabbing a piece of tape. Remember, you want your organization to work for you rather than against you. Want to save time does not cost you time.

tapes my go-to beauty. It adds PERFECT TOUCH for most any project. I use tape on my hand-stamped cards, scrapbook pages, handmade gifts, and much more. Of course, they also make for extra-special packaging. When completing the gift, even small or inexpensive one, I like to make it special with a beautiful wrapping, or even just some nice ribbon. Stampin 'Up! Tape comes in all our main color as the "in" colors (the trendy colors that all fresh), and very, very nice quality. I like to do a bunch of hand-stamped cards in a generous length of ribbon for a wedding. Super simple, super easy, Extra Special!