Stamp Collecting - A Hobby or Investment?

Posted by naharazizi on Friday, October 21, 2011



Knowing that stamp collecting is a hobby, my friend asked me to pen a few words about my thoughts on whether I consider stamp collecting as a hobby or an investment because I have not spent too trivial amount of hard earned money on this hobby landmines.

English teacher, Rowland Hill invented the adhesive stamp in 1837, and the first postage stamp issued by the British Penny Black stamp, issued on 6 May 1840.Penny Black May be first released, but it is not expensive it could be a good buy around £ 200 - £ 300 of any good store selling brand in the Britaniji.1885 Swedish 'Treskilling Yellow "mis-print is now considered by many as a most important, if not the world's most expensive stamp when sold in 1996 at £ 1,590,000. That being the case, should be considered a serious hobby of stamp collecting or investing

My interest in the brand dates back to the days when I was a little boy admiring a beautiful little pieces of paper stuck on the top right corner of the envelope. I was ignorant then, I would just peel the stamps to envelopes, often tearing off bits of it in the process, and keep the brand in the shoe box. Not that I have a lot of them, but I needed a box for storing envelopes before peeling off marks.

As I grew to take more than a cursory interest in stamps, I discovered that I was doing it all wrong in the way I am about collecting stamps. Books on stamp collecting for beginners are virtually nonexistent in the bookstores in town where I lived, and so it was difficult learning process that I had to go through to learn the finer points of collecting stamps. As my collection of stamps grew in quantity and quality, especially after I started earning income and thus be able to buy stamps I fancied I could afford it, I discovered that the temptation to store brands. I have been collecting stamps only, and first day covers and other materials of interest Stamps. Shoe boxes are no longer accurate storage media and considerable resources (based on my poor income at the time) had to be expended for the purchase of stamp albums and other supplies essential for the proper collection, storage and display of brand names.

Fast forward to today, my stamp collecting hobby has now turned from a little boy fantasies in a gorgeous piece of paper and collect all kinds of little things and the more specialized and deliberate effort to collect stamps based on selected countries and to work teme.Priliku at the international level, we provide access to build their collections at a faster and cheaper rate, and I believe they now have a significant collection of my standard (bearing in mind i'm only an amateur collector of limited means) that includes a priceless collection of a country brand. Invaluable because I can not put a price to it because they have very little interest in the country marks the early days and the only similar collection I saw in the museum.

Therefore, one should take into account my interest in stamp collecting hobby or an investment? I would reckon it depends on an intention with respect to the collection. Will it be sold any time soon or ever, as it is intended to be a family heirloom? Also, my collection of investment grade, and will be a buyer interested? Jury is still out and the details relating to the serious stamp collecting for investment purposes, you will be left in one day. In the meantime, I enjoy collecting stamps as a hobby that could turn out to be a very profitable investment.